to be visible to musicians in a darkened nativity stage performance.
You need to know .. how to solder electric wires .. in order to make this light wand.
This Instructable is Fun to make and Fun to use !
Step 1: PARTS LIST
One Single AA Inverter
One AA size Battery
Three feet of 2.2mm EL Yellow Wire
One 3/8" Copper pipe Coupler
A 1" × 3¾" dual sided o.062" PCB scrap
A 15" length of plexiglass tube 1/4" OD by 1/8" ID
Epoxy ( hand mix kind )
Hand Soldering Iron Fine-wire
Solder Gun or Heavy Iron
Shrink Tube Heat Gun
Hand Saw or Band-saw
Step 3: READY THE PLEX LIGHT TUBE
- Take a 15" length of plexiglass 1/4" tubing and heat gun seal one end.
- Strip off the last 3/4" of the filtered yellow EL wire to reveal the base blue light wire
- Insert the Electro Luminescent wire into the plexiglass tube for a fitting.
- Now is a good time to Test your EL wire tube using your one AA cell inverter.
Step 4: WAND HOLDER CLASP
- Start with a 3/8" round copper pipe coupler ( joiner )
- An .062" thick double sided PCB 1" wide and 3¾" long.
- Cut two slots into the PCB to hold the copper coupler.
- Solder the coupler to both sides and clean up the rosin.
- Drill a 3/8" hole for later ease of later wiring.