After seeing randofo's
GORM bench / bookshelf project I thought a coffee table would be quite possible and look pretty good with a few slight modifications. I had recently assembled a GORM bookshelf so I thought a GORM coffee table would watch nicely and at a very reasonable price.
Step 1: Bill of Materials
Go to IKEA and get the following.
1) 2 sets of GORM posts. Select the 43 1/3 length. (4 posts total)
2) 4 GORM shelfs. Select the 19 5/8 width (4 total). You can select any 4 GORM shelves for this project, but this size worked well for my needs. Make sure they all are the same size.
3) Optonal: 2 Behandla containers of paint (12 oz) each. You may only need one, depending on how big or small your shelves and how many coats you desire.
4) Optional: 2 pieces of 1/4 inch plexi glass at 19 1/2 by 12 1/8 inches.
* The tools needed for this project are a handsaw or table saw, sandpaper, paint, and a wrench. Thats it.