Step 4: Bit of Polish...

Picture of Bit of Polish...
Because I'm putting this in an Art Car, I thought I'd polish it up a bit. I took some 2" wide matte fabric tape and covered the sides of the hood, folding it over the top, to hide the white stress marks of my creases.

I lightly sanded my edges with a nail board to round the sharp edges, then ran a black Sharpie around them to blacken them up.

Finally, I gave the hood it a weigh-in on the scale, and it's a tidy .75 of an ounce. This means it won't really add a significant amount of weight when I return it to my windshield mount.

Plus, 'cause I'm a geek, I added some dressing to make it more futuristic and hide the brand name.