Ever wanted the powers of the universe at your fingertips?
Then look no further because with these stylish and unique fingernails, you too can play god.
This simple and easy to follow Instructable should help guide you through the design and process of painting a galaxy on your fingernails.
- Although this instructable uses acrylic paints, a similar effect is achievable with traditional nail painting methods.
- When using nail polish and remover ensure you're in a well ventilated area.
Let us begin!
Step 1: Gather Materials
In order to paint this you will need a minimum of 3 colours (In either acrylic or enamel (nail polish)), several brushes (If you're using nail polish the brushes included will do and you can use a toothpick for the pinpoint brush) and other typical fingernail materials.
- Flat black (I'm using "Black - Vallejo model Air")
- Rich blue (I'm using "Hawk Turquoise - Citadel Colours")
- Pure white (I'm using "White - Vallejo model Air")
- Gloss/Matte varnish (I'm using "Matte Varnish - Vallejo Acrylic Resin")
- Large base coat brush - For base coat colour.
- Fine detail brush - For the center of the galaxy
- Pinpoint brush - For individual stars
Medium "Stippling" brush - For cloudy colour formations
- Nail polish remover - For cleaning and preparing the nails
- (Optional) Very fine sandpaper/emery board - For the tops of the nails to make the paint adhere better
Let us move on to the fun part!