Introduction: Galaxy Headdress
What's more untouchable than a Galaxy? How about a Galaxy you can wear on your head!
This project was a fusion between two of my interest the Universe and Fashion.
Step 1: Materials
- Hot Glue Gun and glue sticks
- Multi tool
- Metallic Cord
- LED lights
- Light Globe
- Gold rings
- Sequin Stars
- Plastic Beads
- Anything you can find in your arts and crafts drawer(s)
Step 2: Planatary Rings
Attach rings and wrap wire to hold in place.
Step 3: Planet and Its Magnetosphere
- Add glitter gel to inside of Planet. This created color dimension.
- Drill two holes at the base of the Light Globe (Planet). I left the power button facing the back so it is easily accessible.
- Wire Planet around Headband tightly. I chose to off center the planet.
- Hot glue rings to the front of the planet.
- Hot glue swirly tails to the base of the planet.
- Use tulle or any other fabric to cover clue, wire, and headband. (This also makes it easier to wear)
Step 4: Styrophom Planets
- Purchase Styrofoam balls from the Dollar Store.
- Spray paint them different colors.
- Go back and highlight the solid colors with an alternate color. I quickly waved the spray can over the solid color. (This is not shown).
Step 5: Stars
- Wire wrap LED lights (Smaller Stars) so LED wire is not dangling. Place Battery behind Planet.
- Wrap Stars around Planet's Rings.
- forcefully push planets into LED light. You may add a dab of hot glue
Step 6: Details
- Use floral wire to make a ring for smaller planet.
- Strategically add star sequins to ring and swirls.
- Make Galaxy Spiral with floral wire and o ring.
- Use Metallic cord to make galaxy spiral.
- Cut end of cord and remove inner string.
- Add wire to center of cord.
Add Planet geyser as accent piece. (I accidentally drilled a whole in the wrong spot on the planet. This was a good spot to add the geyser.)
Hot glue plastic beads on small galaxy coils and swirls.
Step 7: Thank You!
This was a challenge. Creating this design was difficult for me but I am very please to have created it. I hope to make similar headdresses now that I have the experience.
Thank you for any ideas and/or suggestions.
Runner Up in the
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.