A true gamer's snack.
A quick and easy pizza sandwich that's perfect for anytime of the day or night!
Inspired by the Playstation controller!!
Step 1: Gather Resources
For a single player:
- 8 slices of bread
- Some Capsicum (Bell Peppers) - Half of a large one should be enough. You may go for multiple colors if you like.
- Some Mushroom
- A few Olives
- Mozzarella cheese - or any cheese that you prefer
- Some sweet corn.
- Some oil.
- Salt and any other seasoning of your choice.
- A pan
- An oven pre-heated to 150 degrees Centigrade.
Double the quantity if you are two players.
Step 2: Slice N Dice
Dice all the veggies, mushroom and olives as small as you can.
Step 3: Drizzle N Sizzle
- Heat some oil in a wide pan at medium heat.
- Add the diced mushroom and sweat it a bit.
- Add the veggies and saute it for 5 minutes or until the veggies soften slightly.
- Toss in the olives and sweet corn and let it cook for a minute or two more.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Shred the Mozzarella or any other cheese you like and add it to the mix while it is still hot.
- Add salt and any other seasoning to taste.
- Keep the mixture warm at low heat and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Time to Carve
Carve the slices of bread into the shapes shown.
The 4 pieces on the left form the base, the 4 pieces on the right form the top.
- Triangle - Cut the slice along the diagonal.
- Square - The whole slice
- Circle - Use a can / bottle / cookie cutter to get the shape right
- X - cut four small triangles at the centre of each edge of the slice.
For the top pieces, cut them just like the bottom ones and then hollow them out.
Step 5: Stack Them
- Put some cheese as shown. This is just to make the top slick to the bottom when the cheese melts.
- Fill the hollows with the veggie mix.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking tray.
Step 6: Fire in the Hole
Gently toast the sandwiches in oven for about a minute.
Be careful not to burn the slices
Step 7: Game On
Plate up and Game on!!