This Instructable will show you how to create your own garage laser parking system (the modern day version of the tennis ball on a string.) Stop now if you don't have a basic understanding of electronics or how to safely use a multimeter. I take no responsibility for any damage done to you, others, your property, or the property of others!
- Garage door opener with a light that automatically turns on when the door opens
- Cheap laser pointer
- Voltmeter / multimeter
- Soldering iron & solder
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters and strippers
- Rotary tool (Dremel, etc.)
- Small zip ties
- Sacrificial AC adapter (wall wart)
- Heat shrink tubing
- Light bulb socket outlet adapter
- "Short" light bulbs
One small side note here: LASER is actually an acronym, standing for "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation." I will not be spelling it using all caps in this Instructable, however.