Step 1: Supplies
4-5 white plastic shopping bags
black permanent marker
chopstick or other long, sharp tool (a large nail will do)
(optional) string or twine
You will be able to make two ghosts from each garbage bag.
Step 2: Cut Apart the Garbage Bag
2) Cut two more strips from the edge of the bag. Cut these strips in half so you have four total.
3) Cut the bag open along the side seams, then cut the bag in half along the bottom fold.
You should have two large squares now.
Step 3: Cut Apart the Shopping Bags
Step 4: Make the Ghost's Head
2) While still holding this wad of shopping bags, drape one half of the garbage bag over the ball, gathering the excess underneath.
3) Use one of the strips cut from the garbage bag to tie the neck of the ghost just below the ball.
Step 5: Tatter the Ghost's Body
If you feel like your strips are getting too narrow at the top while being too wide at the bottom, you can trim the sides of the strips and discard the extra.
Step 6: Add a Face
Step 7: Add a Loop for Hanging
2) Remove the chopstick, then use it to push one of the garbage bag strips through the holes.
3) Holding the ends of the strip, twirl it into a rope, then knot the ends together.
4) Trim the ends of the knot, removing the excess, then carefully slide the loop until the knot is hidden inside the ghost's head.
Now use the rest of the bags to make a second ghost, then go hang your spooky pair somewhere and enjoy!