Introduction: Garlic Butter Naan
Naan is a leavened flatbread very popular in Asia.
Soft and fluffy butter naans can be made without using any yeast. Butter naans can be served with any type of curry. Adding garlic gives them a nice flavour
One cup of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of yoghurt
A pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
Half a teaspoon of sugar
Step 1: Preparing Garlic Butter
- First melt the butter, then add crushed garlic to it and mix. Add a few chili flakes.
Step 2: Making Dough
- Take one cup all-purpose flour, add a pinch of salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and mix them.
Step 3: Add Yoghurt and Sugar
- Make a hole into the centre, add 1/4 cup of yoghurt and half a teaspoon of sugar and mix everything
Step 4: Add 1/4 Cup Milk and Make Soft Dough
Now add milk slowly little by little and make a soft dough by kneading. Finally add a teaspoon of oil and knead.Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
Step 5: Rolling
- Now take small portions of the dough and make small balls. Roll them to small circles and brush garlic butter on it.
Step 6: Fold to Half and Brush on Garlic Butter
- Then again fold them in half, as shown in my image and brush garlic butter on them. Finally fold them in half once again.
Step 7: Roll Them to an Oval Shape
- Dust some flour on your rolling surface and roll them to an oval shape.
Step 8: Cook on Skillet or You Can Grill Them
Heat your skillet. Moist one side of the rolled naan with water and put the moist side in the skillet.
When small bubbles appear just brush a little oil on it. It starts puffing up.Once puffed flip and cook on other side.
Step 9: Brush on the Garlic Butter and Serve
- Finally brush on the garlic butter and serve with some curry.