Step 1: Things You Will Need
7 strips of turkey bacon or thick sliced bacon
1 cup plain oatmeal or bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 TBSP sesame seeds
2 tsp finely chopped cilantro
1 tsp basil
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
2 bulbs of garlic
small block of cheese ( I used Havarti)
Step 2: Prep Work - Part 1
2. Cut cheese into small shapes about the same size as the garlic cloves
3. Cut bacon strips in half.
4. Place 1 piece of cheese and 1 clove of garlic in center of 1bacon strip, fold sides inward,flip over, then set aside,
5. Repeat until all the bacon is used.
Step 3: Prep Work - Part 2
2. Add everything except for the cheese, garlic, and bacon to the meat.
3. Mix with (clean) hands until everything is thoroughly blended.
Step 4: Stuffing the Meatballs
2. Flatten ball in the palm of you hand.
3. Place bacon roll in the center of the flattened burger meat and curl the edges up around it. Make sure that you completely cover and seal the garlic & cheese within the meat or it will ooze out while cooking.
4. Repeat these steps until you have used all the meat.
5. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes ( I let mine sit over night)
Step 5: It's Cookin' Time!
2. Place meatballs in frying pan on medium to high heat.
3. Sear all sides until outside is crispy and brown all over. Be careful when rolling, if it sticks to the pan, you could tare it open if you force it/
4. Place Browned meatballs into ceramic baking dish with lid.
5. Bake for 45 minutes.
6. Serve with you choice of sauce, with rice or pasta, on any other way you like.