Rajasthani Lehsun Chutney OR Garlic Chutney is spicy hot chutney inspired from my grandmother's house Usually served with roti, stuffed parantha or the famous 'Dal Batti Churma'
Garlic cloves - 20-25 pcs Red chilies - 7-8 pcs Chopped onion - 1/2 cup Chopped tomato - 1 cup Mustard seeds (Rai) - 1/2 tsp Salt - As per taste Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp Coriander powder - 1 tsp Sugar - 1 tsp
Step 1: Method
1. Heat 1/2 tsp mustard oil in a kadai or non-stick pan. Saute onions, garlic for 2-3 minutes till these become golden brown.
2. Add tomatoes, red chili along with all spices and cook the mixture for 10- 15 min till soft.
3. Cool the mixture and grind to form a coarse garlic chutney.
4. Tempering - Heat 1/2 tsp mustard oil in a kadai, sputter mustard seeds along with a pinch of red chili powder. Pour this tempering on to the chutney and mix well.
5. Hot garlic chutney is ready to serve with roti or parantha.
Note- If the red chilies are too dry, then soak in water for 10-15 min and then add in the mixture.