Introduction: Garlic Chutney
Rajasthani Lehsun Chutney OR Garlic Chutney is spicy hot chutney inspired from my grandmother's house Usually served with roti, stuffed parantha or the famous 'Dal Batti Churma'
Garlic cloves - 20-25 pcs Red chilies - 7-8 pcs Chopped onion - 1/2 cup Chopped tomato - 1 cup Mustard seeds (Rai) - 1/2 tsp Salt - As per taste Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp Coriander powder - 1 tsp Sugar - 1 tsp
Step 1: Method
1. Heat 1/2 tsp mustard oil in a kadai or non-stick pan. Saute onions, garlic for 2-3 minutes till these become golden brown.
2. Add tomatoes, red chili along with all spices and cook the mixture for 10- 15 min till soft.
3. Cool the mixture and grind to form a coarse garlic chutney.
4. Tempering - Heat 1/2 tsp mustard oil in a kadai, sputter mustard seeds along with a pinch of red chili powder. Pour this tempering on to the chutney and mix well.
5. Hot garlic chutney is ready to serve with roti or parantha.
Note- If the red chilies are too dry, then soak in water for 10-15 min and then add in the mixture.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.