Some novel garage speakers using plastic gas cans and a 2-way speaker kit. Standard 5L/1.25gal gas cans fit a 2-way 6.5" woofer/tweeter kit perfectly. As an added bonus, the pour spout serves to release pressure in the speaker can. You can get everything you need for ~$69 from Amazon and/or Home Depot.
Step 1: Materials
- Pyle 6.5" 400-watt 2-way custom component system kit (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007LCLPE/)
- 2x Scepter 5L/1.25G red gas can (I found these at Home Depot ~$11/ea)
- 2x Speaker terminal set (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PQ1B5K/)
If you don't have anything to plug the speakers into, here's my approximate setup:
- Any 2+-way amp, I used a Pyle PFA400U (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071HZ5RI/). I don't necessarily recommend it as it doesn't have a standard AUX port or an FM tuner, but it does put out plenty of power to drive both speakers.
- Speaker wire (I used 12-guage, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XPSH70/)
- Banana plugs OPTIONAL (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BKW2K2/)