Introduction: Gearless Transmission of 2 Shafts
Hello Friends. Here comes the simple gearless transmission of two shafts mechanism. The shafts are powered by single AC motor. Instead of gears, solid metal bars bend at 90 degree are used for the power transmission.
Step 1: Material Required:
1) 1 inch hollow square bar (length as per your size)
2) 2 solid shafts of equal dimensions.
3) 4 pedestal bearing.
4) 2 circular discs with 3 holes each at equal distance so that it can easily allow movement of a 90 degree bend metal rods.
5) Metal rods of slightly smaller diameter than the holes created in discs so that it can pass through the holes easily after bending it to 90 degree. (You can joint two small rod pieces into 90 degree)
6) AC motor (1/10 hp, 6500 rpm, 75 amps, I have used). Sewing Machine motors are useful.
7) Circular hollow pipes to join at the holes both side so as to provide support for the solid circular rods while transmission.
8) Pulleys – 4 inch diameter
9) V – Belt
10) Nut, Bolt & Washers etc.
Step 2: Construction:
It’s not that much critical. You have to create a square frame of hollow pipes first as per your dimensions. Mark the distances for mounting pedestal bearings on the frame. Then mounting the frame on the required height with legs.Fix the position of shafts & locate the 90 degree bent bars through the circular metal discs. Connect motor & pulley with the belt.
Step 3: Critical Issues:
The proper movement of 90 degree bent rods is the most important. For that proper alignment of the shafts should be done. Moreover, the rods while moving needs support to maintain the angle. So, pieces of hollow circular bars are attached to the disc plate from both sides of the three holes so that it makes the solid rods in a plane while moving. Refer the image for this.
Step 4: Important:
1) Positions of holes should be same
2) Proper alignment of shafts & motor
3) Maintain proper position of 90 degree bent rods.
Step 5: For Details Watch:
Step 6: Final Model:
For More Projects:
Support us by your likes,comments & shares. Have a nice day ahead.Thank you very much.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.