Introduction: Gen4 DigiCam
Gen4 DigiCam is a project which uses Gen4-uLCD-32DT and uCAM-II. This project enables capturing and saving images. The image file being saved can also be opened and reviewed in the display of the Gen4-uLCD-24DT module and deleted if desired.
The gen4-uLCD-32DT has a 240x320 resolution and can be easily mounted on a bezel or in a case. Gen4-uLCD-32-DT is powered by 4D Systems' DIABLO16 graphics processor. This allows the display to perform and utilize its graphic capabilities in a higher level. Unlike gen4-uLCD-32PT, this 3.2 inch DIABLO16 module allows a greater RAM capacity of 32KB and a larger flash memory with 6 Banks of 32KB. The Picaso display module has only 14KB of RAM capacity and 14KB of flash memory. The camera module utilized is in this project is uCAM-II which uses a CMOS VGA colour sensor along with JPEG compression chip that provides a low cost and low powered camera system.
Step 1: How It Works
Step 2: Build
· 30 way FFC Cable
· uSD Card
· Mini USB Cable
· Conecting Wires
· Connect uCAM-II to gen4-uLCD-32-DT as shown in the diagram.
. Connect the display to the PC as shown in the second image to program the module.
Step 3: Program
- Download the file here.
- Open the Visi Project File with Workshop4 IDE · You can modify the properties of each widget.
- After that, Click “Paste Code”. This will copy the code of each object to your 4DGL program. Functions for each object can now be added.
- Click on the “Build Copy/Load” button. Note: This step could be skipped. However, compiling is essential for debugging purposes.
- Make sure that you are connected to the right port. Red Button indicates that the device is not connected, Blue Button indicates that the device is connected to the right port.
- Now click on the “(Build) Copy/Load” button.
- Workshop 4 will prompt you to select a drive to copy the image files to a uSD Card. After selecting the correct drive, click OK.
- The module will prompt you to insert the uSD card.
- Properly unmount the uSD Card from the PC and insert it to the uSD Card slot of the display module. The image below must appear on your display after completing the steps above.
Step 4: Demo
You can mount the gen4 display and uCAM-II on a bezel or put them in a customised case to be used like a normal digital camera.+
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.