Introduction: General Tso's Chicken 左公鸡
General Tso's Chicken 左公鸡
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 - 3
1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
½ tbsp of Shaoxing wine
Pinch of salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp of ginger, minced
6 dried red chilies
2 stalks of scallion, rough chopped
⅓ cup of cornstarch
Oil for deep frying
2 ½ tbsp of rice vinegar
2 ½ tbsp of soy sauce
½ tbsp of dark soy sauce
1 tsp of Hoisin sauce
¼ cup of water
½ tbsp of Shaoxing Wine
1 tbsp of cornstarch
1. Marinate the chicken meat with the Shaoxing wine and salt for 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Coat the chicken with ⅓ cup of cornstarch.
4. Deep fry the chicken until golden brown. Drain the excess oil on a paper towel lined dish or wire rack.
5. Heat up a wok or frying pan with a tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add the garlic, ginger and dried chilies. Stir-fry until fragrant.
6. Pour in the sauce, stir a few times until it boils and thickens.
7. Add the fried chicken, stir so the thickened sauce coats the chicken.
8. Add the chopped scallions and stir a few times to get the scallions mixed throughout. Serve and enjoy!
If you prefer the North American version of this dish, which is a bit sweeter, add 1 ½ to 2 tbsp of sugar to the sauce.
Step 1: Enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.