Introduction: Generate Banggood Affiliate (Referral) Links Easier Than Ever
Condensed version of this instructable can be found on my personal blog
Affiliate sales are a great source of additional income for content creators, and many people on instructables use them.
On of more popular sites that has affiliate program is Bangood. It is relatively easy create affiliate account on in, so that won't be covered here.
For me, major annoyance was that generating referral links on Banggood is manual and boring task. When you find product that you want to share you have to edit url and add your affiliate id to it. Then if you want to shorten that link you’ll have to open new webpage, paste generated link there, and copy shortened link before you can use it. This is not only time consuming, but leaves a lot of room for error.
Fortunately, there is a chrome extension that automates huge portion of this, and makes everything a lot faster and easier
Step 1: Install Chrome Extension
This is the easy part.
All you need to do is to go extension's Chrome webstore page and click "ADD TO CHROME BUTTON"
Step 2: Configure It
When you download extension there is some configuration that needs to be done. You can go to options either by right clicking on icon, and then “Options” or by opening extension for the first time and then clicking on “Open options button”
Options should be self explanatory, but I’ll cover them here in more detail
- Here you need to enter your banggood affiliate ID. This part is essential, without it extension will not work
- If you plan to use bit.ly service to shorten your generated urls, here you enter access token. You can get your bit.ly access token here
- With this option selected, generated links will be copied to clipboard automatically. This is done also when you shorten url
- How many generated url’s will be stored in recent list. Max value is 50
- When this option is enabled extension will add creators affiliate id to banggood page you’re browsing from time to time. This also enables favorites list, and supports further development of extension.
Once everything is set you’re ready to use the extension
Step 3: Generate Links
When you browse banggood and find product you find interesting all you need is to click on extension icon. It will open window with list of most recent generated URLs
Generated referral url for that page is first item in the list.
From there you can either copy generated link or use goo.gl or bit.ly to shorten it. Note: first time you use goo.gl to shorten url you will have to grant permissions to extension
Links you use more often you can add to favorites, and links you don’t need anymore can be deleted.
You can open extension on any other page also, to find and copy links you have generated
You can check video to see extension in action
Step 4: Profit
That would be it.
This little extension saved me a ton of time spent creating Banggood referral links. More time available means I can create more stuff :)
I hope it will be as usable for you as it was for me
Happy creating :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.