This trivet project combines two of my favorite trends: woodsy wood and geometry. Simple to make and good looking, this would make the perfect hostess gift!
Step 1: What You'll Need
- 10 tree branch discs/slices approximately 1 3/4" diameter and 1/4" thick
* I bought mine pre-cut at Flax art supply store but you could also cut your own. Just make sure the wood is dry.
- 10" x 10" piece of medium thick leather
* I chose a neutral color, but a bright color could also be fun as it would show up in between the circles
- print out of leather backing pattern on 8 1/2 x 11" paper (file attached below)
- Guerrilla Glue or contact cement
- a pen, ruler & exacto knife
- sandpaper (120, 240 & 400 grit - 1 sheet each)
- fabric scissors
- 3 clamps (not pictured)
- 12" x 14" piece of plywood or a large hard cover book
- inexpensive painting brush
- matte Clear & Clean wood finish (water based)