Step 1: Get Your Gear
Here's the full list:
- 2' to 4' extendable pole. ~$8
- paint edger ~$4
- Two paperclips or a section of bendable wire
- Stickers you want to put up high
Original idea by Flower Guy.
Step 2: Bend Your Paperclips
Step 3: Hooking the Paperclips
Step 4: Pull Paperclip Towards the Middle
You can also use one longer piece of wire that snakes through both rollers. I did that for a while and then when I lost it while out and about once I switched to readily available paperclips and have stuck with them.
Step 5: Put the Edger on the Pole
Step 6: Place the Sticker
Now, make sure the sticker is aligned and press it against the paperclips. It doesn't need to be a strong connection, just strong enough. After all, the real target is the wall.
Step 7: Get Ready to Stick
Step 8: Stick It!
Now that you're set up:
- Pull the sticker back a bit to get some room and speed.
- Push the sticker towards the wall at about a 45 degree angle.
- When the sticker hits the wall and you have a solid contact, keep pushing so that the edger moves up along the wall.
Do this right and there's now a sticker on the wall!
Practice this a few times before you want to do the real placement. Keep on sticking up the stickers until you're all out and then look for the next thing to do. Life keeps on moving, y'know?