First i whanted the flash from it but got no luck, the bulb whas cracked in 2 parts :P, then i got the ideea of playing a lil wit that thiny elecromagnet that whas in ...
Note : the relay is made from scrap in 10 minutes, i know it shud be more "professional" done ...
Step 1: Parts and Tools
Ohhh i almost missed to tell you need 2 hands that are not shacky ...
All parts you need are in the camera even the wire ...
1 x Elecromagnet
1 x 0.5cm long spring ( u get a lot of them from the camera, use 1 suited for your application)
1 x Screw (i used a PC case one i had it on my desk)
1 x Metal part attached to plastic (the white triangle with a gold spring on it)
4 x Wire ( -.- you know wire ... right ? )
1 x Plastic case (i used a old box that i found laying around in the basement)
Step 2: Build the Second Circuit
Now use the dremel to cut the plate to a more handy form (my is 2.5cm x 2.5cm).
Some theoretical knowledge :
All relays have at least 4 connectors :
2 connectors for control of the coil - the control circuit
2 connectors for the switch - the switch circuit
This relay is switching on when the coil is powered, but can easly be moded to switch off when powerd.
Now you need to put the outher part of the spring on the silver spike that comes out from the movable part. The easy part is done, now carefully get out the coil from the holder then put the spring on one of the pins from the "fork" that hold it on place and then put it back in place. Use somthing to keep the distance between the elecromagnet and the movable part at around 1-1.5mm
if you use weak power (i used 100mA and worked VERY well). Solder the cables now, 2 yellow for the coil and the orange as folowing : 1 at the gray metal frame (scratch the gray stuff with the cutter and the solder the cable there) the second orange cable to the gold spring of the white triangle like plastic pice.
Note : i know is hard to understand but this is my first instructable and i finished the project before i knowed of this sites existence -.-"
Step 3: Tune the Relay
1. put the coil under power (3 volt)
2. move the white triangle until the gold spring attached to it GENTILEY touch the silver spike from the movable part of the relay.
3. cut the power of the coil and check to see if the contact is broken
4. if all went OK then you can now hot glue it to a box, but be VERY CAREFULL not to disturb the touch pads when you fix the screw that holds the white triangle in place (check it again after you do that) then you can go to the final step ...
5. find a box and fix it in (i used hot glue to fix my).