Introduction: Get on Myspace at School
So you want to bypass your school's internet filter, eh? Well look no further, I'm here to show you how. This Instructable outlines several methods that can get you past your school's filter and onto MySpace.
*NOTE* I am in no way responsible for any trouble you may get in from using this Instructable.
Step 1: Use a Proxy
One way to access MySpace at your school is to use something called a proxy server. There are several proxies available on the web today. Just type www.myspace.com into the search bar of the sites to access that MySpacey goodness.
Proxy.org - This site uses a database of over 7,493 working proxy servers to help you access blocked sites.
Certain Proxy - This site was ranked one of the best proxies available today.
Zopopo - This site claims to be the best proxy on the net. It performs quite well.
Step 2: .TK
Another way to access MySpace at your school is to use .TK. This site creates a new domain name for any site you wish. It takes only three simple steps.
1. Type www.myspace.com into the text box and click next.
2. Copy the letters from the picture into the text box.
3. Click confirm under the Anonymous Free Domain box.
4. Click the link to the page it created for you.
Step 3: Translation
Using a translation website is another way you can access MySpace from school.
1. Go to Babelfish.
2. Under the "Translate a web page" area, type in www.myspace.com
3. Use the drop down menu to select any language to English (Ex. Chinese-Simp to English)
4. Click Translate.
Step 4: Remote Access
My last method to access MySpace from school involves using your home computer. To use this approach, you must leave your computer on during the school day and know your computer's IP address. Use this link to find out your IP address if you don't already know it.
1. On your school computer access the 'Start' menu. From there, go to All Programs and access the Accessories folder and select Remote Desktop Connection.
2. Type in your home computer's IP address.
3. Now you are connected to your home computer and can access MySpace through your home internet connection.
Step 5: Congratulations
By now you have most likely accessed MySpace at school. A word of warning though, these methods may fool your school's filter, but they won't fool your teachers. Make sure they can't see that you are accessing MySpace or using a proxy. If they catch you, it could mean some trouble. Just play it safe and have fun on MySpace.