This guide is a great solution to taking care of the ants in your house/living space, especially if you don't know where they're coming from. It is low-mess and takes up very little space.
Unfortunately...there's a bit of post-mortum clean-up.
Also includes other general solutions and tips.
Step 1: What you will need
- a container of borax (you should be able to find this in the laundry detergent isle)
- some jelly or jam (if you already have some, use that, as you don't need too much; if you need to buy some, get a small, cheap jar - ant's aren't picky - or something you'd want to share with your toast)
- container lid(s) (soda caps work great, as would any other low, small, and shallow container)
- mixing bowl or cup (I recommend something disposable, because you probably don't want to use it again for eating/drinking)
- a spoon (again, something disposable is good, so...plastic)