This is a very simple solution to get rid of ants that my dormmates and I used against an ant invasion of our hall. You'll think of it less as biological warfare when the ants come after your foodstuffs and start crawling into your bed.
This guide is a great solution to getting rid of the ants in your house and living spaces, especially if you don't know where they're coming from. It is low-mess and takes up very little space.
Unfortunately...there's a bit of post-mortum clean-up.
Also includes other general solutions and tips.
Step 1: What you will need
Here is your ant invasion shopping list:
- A container of borax (you should be able to find this in the laundry detergent aisle)
- Some jelly or jam (if you already have some use that, as you don't need too much; if you need to buy some get a small, cheap jar - ant's aren't picky - or something you'd want to eat with your toast)
- Container lid(s) (soda caps work great, as would any other small, low and shallow container)
- Mixing bowl or cup (I recommend something disposable, because you probably don't want to use it again for eating/drinking)
- A spoon (again, something disposable is good, so...plastic)
Step 2: Preparing the Poison
Take your cup or bowl, your spoon, and the borax and jelly. You'll want the solution to consist of no more than 5% borax. So the easiest way is to take ten spoonfuls of jelly and put them in the cup/bowl. Then, you'll want half a spoonful of borax. This recipe can be extended to twenty spoonfuls jelly and one of borax, if you need that much.
Now mix it in really well! You have to be deceitful - it's poison, after all!