Introduction: Getting Started With LINX
LINX provides easy to use VIs for interacting with common embedded platforms like Arduino, chipKIT and myRIO. Use the built in sensor VIs to start getting data to your PC in seconds or use the peripheral VIs to access your devices digital I/O, analog I/O, SPI, I2C, UART, PWM and more.
In this tutorial we'll install LINX, setup a new LINX device and run our first example.
Step 1: Prerequisites
Step 2: Hardware
Step 3: Software
Step 4: Procedure
- Install LINX
- Download LINX from the LabVIEW Tools Network.
- Install LINX using VIPM.
- Installing LINX will automatically install the MakerHub toolbox.
- Restart LabVIEW.
- Load LINX Device Firmware
- Launch LabVIEW.
- Click Tools»MakerHub»LINX»Firmware Wizard…
- Select your Device Family and Device Type and click Next.
- Select the COM Port associated with your device and click Next.
- Select the Firmware Version (it's easiest to start with the Serial/USB firmware) and click Next.
- The TX and RX LEDs on your device should appear to be solid on for a few seconds while the firmware is deployed. If you don't see this the firmware was likely not deployed.
- Click Launch Example and follow the instructions on the front panel.
Step 5: Help / Support
If you have any questions about getting started with LINX please search the LINX forums and create a new thread if you cannot find the answer to your question.