Sour Altoid can
Chunk of soft foam
Old internal computer speaker
Step 1: Ready the cheesy earbuds
2. Snip the actual speakers off from the cable. Save them for later use as ninja throwing weapons.
3. Poke a small hole through the side of the altoids tin.
4. Stick the wire in through the hole and tie a knot in it 2 inches from the cut end so it doesnt come out.
UPDATE: 5.Put some duct-tape or electrical tape around the wire that will be going through the hole and around some of the knot so the tin won't cut into it.
Step 2: Foam chopping
2. Cut a circle that will fit in the tin. Hollow out the middle for the back of the speaker.
3. Cut a smaller peice to go on top of the speaker. Make it very thin.
Step 3: Connect speaker
2. Desolder the red and black wires from it.
3. Solder the headphones wire to the speaker. Both colored wires go to the + side and both copper wires go to the - side.
4. Put the bottom foam in the tin and seat the speaker in it.
5. Pull the extra wire out through the hole so the knot is against it.
Yay! The bottom is done.
Step 4: Make a grill
2. Make three paralell slits along the lid of the tin. I made them along the logo to make them less noticable.
3. Flatten the lid a bit so the bent metal won't poke the speaker or make scratchy noises.