Discover the magical powers of ghost poop! Serve your own delicious mounds of ghost poop at your next Halloween party and dare your guests to stop at just one!
- 1 envelope (2-3/4 tsp) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Candy Thermometer
- Piping Bag or plastic bag
- Baking Sheet
- Silicone sheet or parchment paper
Scoochmaroo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/3 cup cold water to soften.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, dissolve granulated sugar in 1/4 cup water, stirring.
- Brush inside edges of pan with water to remove sugar crystals and boil until the temperature reaches the soft-ball stage (238 degrees F) on a candy thermometer - do not stir, or you will create large sugar crystals.
- Slowly drizzle mixture in to bowl of gelatin and whisk on medium speed for 3 min.
- Increase speed to high and whisk until soft peaks form, 8 to 10 min.
Pipe into mounds on silicone sheet or parchment.
If left out, poop will become crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
If kept in a sealed container, ghost poop will remain soft and gooey throughout.
How do you prefer your poop?