Introduction: Ghostly Poached Pears in Red Wine
Ghostly Poached Pear is the perfect dessert option for this Halloween. Try this delicious dessert, I hope you will enjoy it.
Happy Halloween :)
Main Ingredients : Pears & Red wine
Serving : 4
Difficulty : Easy
Step 1: Ingredients
500 ml Red wine
4 Pears - stems intact
1/2 cup water
1 cup Sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbsp of Lemon juice
Black & White Eye stickers or White fondant and Black food color
Step 2: Combine Red Wine & Sugar
Take a large pot that fits all of the pears. Combine red wine, water, sugar and cinnamon stick. Stir occsionally and bring it to boil over medium heat.
Step 3: Peel the Skin of Pears
Meanwhile start peeling the skin of pears. Make sure that you peeled all of the skin, because you wont get the color on skin area. Slice half inch at the bottom to create flat bottomed shape.
Step 4: Put the Pears in Red Wine Mixture
1. Put the peeled pears in the boiling red wine mixture.
2. Peel the skin of clementine and add it to the mixture. (You can eat the fleshy part of clementine)
3. Add lemon juice and give a stir. Reduce the flame to low, Close the lid and cook for 45 minutes.
Step 5: Make Red Wine Syrup
1. Once pears cooked well, take those out from the pot and set aside.
2. Check the red wine syrup consistency. If you want thicker syrup, put the pot back to boil and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 6: Presentation
Take serving plate, laddle red wine syrup into the plate. Place the poached pears in the centre of plate.
Stick eye stickers for cute ghostly look.
For edible eyes, shape the fondant like eye balls and mouth, then stick it on pears.
Step 7: Ghostly Poached Pears!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.