1. The Claw – Three fingered claw that enables you to pick up stuffed animals and dirty socks from the floor without having to bend down. The ability to save the path of the arm enables users to take the same moving camera shot with precision and repeat-ability.
2. Camera Crane - Has a smart phone camera attachment to take fantastic sweeping and swooping time lapse and video shots.
Step 1: Get the Materials:
2. Some new and very sharp box cutting knives
3. Glue gun or duct tape
5. Lazy susan from Ikea (for swivel plate on bottom)
6. 1x4 wood
7. 12x12 inch piece of wood (approximate)
8. 3 NEMA stepper motors
9. Motor controller board
10. 3 inch nuts and bolts
11. x8 6mm M3 machine screws to attach stepper motors
Take to Staples.
Print out on a black and white plan printer at 1:1 scale on A0 paper.
Use this as a template to cut out the cardboard and wood pieces. Hint: use an awl or knitting needle to transfer the drawings to the cardboard. Place the paper over the cardboard, and punch holes at the corners and intersections. Use a box cutter knife and a long straight edge to cut the cardboard. Before you bend the cardboard, score the cardboard with a dull butter knife.
Step 3: Wooden Base
Align holes of small square with vertical base. Screw together with 1 5/8 screws. This creates a stand that is shaped like the letter “L”
Mount turntable with 4 3/4″ screws to the main base FIRST. If you do not, you will have difficulty attaching the main base to the “L”.
Then connect main base to the “L” using the hole in the main base to access the screws.