The Cardboard Robot is a HUGE Computer Controlled Robot Arm With A Reach Just Shy of 6 Feet. It has two configurations:
1. The Claw – Three fingered claw that enables you to pick up stuffed animals and dirty socks from the floor without having to bend down. The ability to save the path of the arm enables users to take the same moving camera shot with precision and repeat-ability.
2. Camera Crane - Has a smart phone camera attachment to take fantastic sweeping and swooping time lapse and video shots.
Step 1: Get the Materials:
1. Lots of C-flute cardboard – large moving boxes, refrigerator boxes, etc
2. Some new and very sharp box cutting knives
3. Glue gun or duct tape
5. Lazy susan from Ikea (for swivel plate on bottom)
6. 1x4 wood
7. 12x12 inch piece of wood (approximate)
8. 3 NEMA stepper motors
9. Motor controller board
10. 3 inch nuts and bolts
11. x8 6mm M3 machine screws to attach stepper motors