Introduction: Giant Cootie Game
Why not supersize a favorite childrens game? We built a 4ft. tall Cootie game just for fun.
1" wood dowel
1" x 2" wood spacers
brown craft paper
PlayBOX wheat paste
Masonary waterproof paint
Step 1: Form the Body
- Cut out 3 plywood circles the body diameter
- Drill a 1" wood dowel sized hole in the center of the plywood.
- Wrap cardboard around the circle to make a tube for each body segment
- Cut slots in the cardboard body tubes to bend and glue with hot glue to make each body segment.
- Repeat for each of the three body segments
- Stack each body segment on the 1" dowel to connect them all together.
- Glue in a cardboard neck tube that the head tube will slip into.
Step 2: Form the Head
- Cut out the head shape from plywood
- Wrap with cardboard just like the body and cut, glue, and form the head shape.
- Add the neck tube that is a slip fit to the body neck tube.
Step 3: Legs X 6
- Cut out two pieces of plywood in each shape.
- Glue legs with 1x2 spacers between
- Fill in the leg shapes with crumpled newspaper.
- Glue 1 1/2" plastic pipes with a notch in them to fit into body for the game.
- Shape laces and feet with Celluclay and sand.
Step 4: Paper Mache' and Decorate
Paper mache' with brown kraft paper, then add features and smooth with Celluclay. Sand the parts smooth.
Add eyes, tongue, and antenna made out of cardboard. Mount them on sticks that fit into the head just like the tiny version.
Paint everything with masonary waterproof paint as the primer so it can be indoor or outdoor fun.
Paint with bright acrylic paint to your favorite color scheme.
Step 5: Add Giant Die, Ready to Play!
Rules of play:
- Lay out all pieces
- Player rolls die
- Roll a 2 for the head, no other parts can be added before the head
- After the head, any part may be added:
- 2 Head
- 3 Antenna
- 4 Eyes
- 5 Tongue
- 6 legs