Step 9: Final Thoughts and Alternate Designs
Pictures on this page are from our "Big Brother" spider - he has 4-foot leg segments, a 4-foot abdomen and is as big as a small car. This gives you an idea of how the basic design in this Instructable can be modified by removing the last leg segment so it sits flat on a roof, web, etc.
Some other thoughts and options:
- Mold a face and add scary eyes and teeth
- Buy pipe insulation sleeves and slide over the leg segments to make them thicker
- Rotate the front legs back to make the spider 'rear'
- Successively shorten the last segment of each leg front to back to make the body angle upward, ready to pounce
- Stick marbles or glass beads in the front of the 'face' for eyes
- If you intend to suspend the spider, attach an eye-bolt or similar to the center of the spine, extending down through the foam to the outside of the body, so that a rope can be attached to take the weight