Step 1: Gather materials
- two 40" x 40"panels of clear acrylic 1/8" sheet
- one 40" x 40" panel of black acrylic 1/8" sheet
- one 37" x 7" panel of orange acrylic 1/8" sheet
- many feet (over 100') of colored acrylic rod (fluorescent colors work best)
- three fluorescent light fixtures and bulbs
- two 110 volt ac cooling fans (McMaster-Carr 1976K14)
- several square feet of 1/16" santoprene rubber (McMaster-Carr 86215K22)
- a good quality rubber cement designed for one-sided application. If you can get your hands on some Devcon Industrial Rubber Adhesive 14900, go fir it, it seems to work a bit better then other types.
- assorted nuts, bolts, and wood screws
- one 4' x 8' sheet of 3/4" sanded plywood
- scrap 1" x 1" for supports
All of the acrylic was purchased from Tap Plastics.
The rest of the pieces can be purchased at Home Depot or your local hardware store.