Step 9: STRIKE!!! anywhere
Gathering and attaching the strike anywhere tips
1. One box of 250 strike anywheres should be enough to cover the entire top of the giant match.
2. Using wire cutters clip the heads off each strike anywhere match.
3. Use a felt tip marker to trace an outline of where the strike anywhere tips will go.
***All work on the giant match from this point on should be completed outdoors, away from anything that will burn easily***
4. Coat the head of the giant match with the nitrocellulose lacquer.
5. Place each match head (strike anywhere tip up) into the lacquer.
*The goal is to get red part of the strike anywhere coated in the lacquer, but AVOID getting any on the white tip.