This was a lot of fun for the birthday party and the kids had a great time. This is a really easy project. It just took a little time and some planning.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
The tools I used on the project were as follows:
- Hand Saw - for cutting the stakes for the string line
- Rotary Tool - for cutting the bottom out of a bucket
- Hammer - for driving the stakes in the yard for the string line.
- One each of red, blue and yellow ground marking spray paint in 15 ounce cans.
- Two cans of green ground marking spray paint in 11 ounce cans.
- String for setting up a straight line.
- Scrap piece of wood for two stakes for a string line.
- A 5 gallon bucket.
NOTE: If you plan on using any tool for a project please make sure you are familiar with the tool and all of the dangers associated with it. If you are not familiar with a tool then you should ask someone who is to show you the proper way to use it. A lot of communities have classes at local colleges on the proper use of tools and machinery. There are also local woodworking clubs that offer classes at very reasonable rates for beginners. I highly recommend using these resources for your safety and for the most efficient use of the tool.
Always wear eye and hearing protection.
Always work safe with the proper safety equipment and guards on your tools.