Step 1: Ingredients
*3 sticks of butter, softened
*3 cups sugar, white
*2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*2 teaspoons baking powder
*1 teaspoon salt
*5-6 cups all purpose flour
Step 2: Make the Cookies
1. In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Wisk in the eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add in flour, salt, and baking powder.
2. Cover and let chill overnight.
Step 3: Cut Out Cookies
Step 4: Make Royal Icing
What You'll Need-
*3-4 cups powdered sugar
*2 tablespoons luke warm water
*1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (clear)
*1 tablespoon corn syrup
*Pasty bag/or ziplock bag
*#1 or #2 tip
*Cupler for the tip
*Red, green and brown food coloring
1. In a small bowl, wisk together the corn syrup, water, and extract until completely dissolved.
2. In a large separate bowl, add the powdered sugar
3. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and beat with a wisk on low speed until no lumps are seen.
Step 5: Decorate!
1. Fully coat the inside with the brown icing, filling the entire gingerbread man.
2. With white icing and a #2 tip, make an outline of the cookie.
3. Give your gingerbread man a smile and eyes with the white icing.
4. Add 'buttons' to the cookies with the cinnamon drops
5. You can decorate the arms and legs however you want, I made booties on the feet and added sprinkles and a couple lines on his arms.
Now you have adorable and delicious gingerbread men cookies!