What you will need:
-lots of duct tape
-nail polish remover and toilet paper to clean the gunk off the scissors
-a straight edge
Step 1: Make the Base
This one is to be folded into three sections. The first is with the cards, the second is the pocket for the money, and the third it the flap with the velcro. You can see these on the finished wallet. Once you make it, fold it to the appropriate proportions. the two larger sections should be about 4" long.
-4" x 9.5"
This one is taped in the middle and is part of the pocket for the money.
Step 2: Tape the Base Together
Cut two lengths about 3" to 3.5" long. Fold them in half long ways and then cut them into triangles. (see the picture). Then tape these to the short sides of the smaller sheet. Then tape the long side of the small sheet with the smaller sides of the triangles to the large sheet at the fold between the two larger sections.
Then finally tape the free sides of the triangles (in orange) to the middle section of the big sheet so that you get a pocket big enough for money.
This sounds confusing but I think the pictures make it relatively clear.
Step 3: The Card Slots
1. take to cards and wrap them length wise with duct tape, sticky side out.
2. slide the little sleeve you made down so that a reasonable amount of the card is showing (so that you would be able to grab card)
3. make cuts on each end of the duct tape that is now sticking out over the sides. Then fold those down.
4. Slide the sleeve down again so that the folds are at the top of the of what will be the card pocket.
5. take another piece of duct tape and put it over the bottom of the card pocket (sticky part out)
6. Then put that on one side of the bottom section of the big sheet, towards the top (see picture)
7. repeat steps 1-6 except put it on the other side.
8. Then lay a piece of tape over those two pockets so that the sticky part is covered.
9. Repeat the whole thing to make another row of pockets on the bottom.
Step 4: The Finishing Touches
Then fold it all up and add some velcro to the top, smallest section and to the front flap. I didn't have any velcro on hand for this wallet but I included a picture of an old one to show the placement.
Now you've got a nice big wallet with room for plenty of cash and 8 cards. This one turned out a little sloppy and the colors are a bit much, but it's for an 8 year old so it should do.