Introduction: Glass Fiber Custom Build Picture Frame; SNOOPY
Build a shining picture frame with custom pattern or lettering.
what you need:
- Picture frame (my choice: 20x15)
- glass fiber
- Coloured LEDs, Color Changing LED, resistors
- Mosfet (N channel)
- adjustable resistor
- Transformer (My choice: 5V)
- soldering iron
- Hot glue gun
Step 1: Customize Design
Draw dotted image of your choice.
Step 2: Prepare
- glue black cardboard on thick cardboard
- glue the picture on the other side
- pierce with a needle all points (as in the picture)
Step 3: Put the Fiber Optic Cable Through the Holes
- adjust the fiber optic cable in alignment with the paper.
- glue each fiber optic cables with superglue on the back of the paper (best with the tip of a needle).
If a point should be brighter or thicker, then just push through one point two or three fiber optic cables.
Step 4: Fix Pattern
Now bring the strands of each patterns (images) together.
- melt the ends with a soldering iron together . The best way, that two LEDs fit inside.
Step 5: Prepare the LEDs 
Step 6: Prepare the LEDs 
The best way to make, hot the ends of the strand then quickly press the LEDs inside.
Then wrap the LEDs with alufoil.
Step 7: Elektronic
Step 8: Make the Frame
Step 9: Cooler for the Resistors
Step 10: Final
It turns on automatically, at darkness or low light. On the variable resistance (side mounted) you can set the switching time.
Have a nice day :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.