Glitter Magnets Made With Nail Polish

1,901

75

11

Posted

Introduction: Glitter Magnets Made With Nail Polish

Glitter Challenge

Runner Up in the
Glitter Challenge

When I found out Instructables was having a Glitter Challenge, I just knew I had to enter it. I've been mulling for a few days on what to make and last night, I finally thought of something -- refrigerator magnets made with glittery nail polish! These are super easy to make and you could probably pump out a few dozen in an hour.

Step 1: Supplies

You'll need those clear, flat-backed vase-fillers, a glue gun, glue sticks, glittery nail polish, a solid nail polish of the same color and strong refrigerator magnet backs.

Step 2: Paint on the Glitter

Lie the marble on its front and start painting the flat back with glitter! You'll probably have to do a few coats depending on how coarse the glitter in your nail polish is.

Step 3: Paint on the Solid!

When the glitter nail polish is completely dry, paint on your solid.

Step 4: Glue the Magnet!

After the solid nail polish dries, you're going to grab a magnet back and hot glue it on.

Step 5: Let Dry

Let dry and put 'em on your fridge!

Pretty easy right? I absolutely love the way they turned out.

Share

Recommendations

  • First Time Author Contest 2018

    First Time Author Contest 2018
  • Paper Contest 2018

    Paper Contest 2018
  • Epilog Challenge 9

    Epilog Challenge 9
user

We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.

Tips

Questions

11 Comments

Also, instead of gluing magnets on you could use ring bases and make pretty rings

Super idea. Thank you.

Thanks so much for this Instructable. I have been paying a fortune for these at craft shows and it never dawned on me that the glitter was nail polish! I have glitter nail polish in bright colors and some of these glass pieces too! Can't wait to do it with your guide...wow!

Just a thought,

if you have little children around be careful they don't get a hold of these magnets. I know kids love to put stuff in their mouth and if swallowed the magnets can do damage to their intestines. Those fun little "bucky ball" magnets have been banned in some places because of kids swallowing them and having big problems as a result. I love them, but I no longer have little kids around.

Maybe you should include a small warning about keeping them away from toddlers.

Thanks.

I do not have any children, and children don't really come into my home. I hope that parents would be knowledgeable enough to not let their children put magnets into their mouths. I hope that's common sense.

They do look delicious! :)

These are so pretty! I love nail polish and have a ton of it but my only regret is not being able to wear it more! I'll have to try this :)

Thanks! I used cheap-o nail polish, btw. Would definitely not recommend using expensive nail polish!

Yeah, definitely not, but you can find pretty nail polish for pretty cheap all over the place these days!

I'm pretty sure this stuff was $.99 each!