All you need is:
1) Krylon high gloss black spray paint
2) gloss Mod Podge glue
3) paint sponge
4) masking tape
5) mason jar
Step 2: Instructions
1) Spray paint the first coat to your mason jar. Let dry and add two more coats, letting dry between each coat.
2) Once jar is completely dry, gently apply a strip of masking tape around the jar 1/3 of the way up. Do not press down on tape. The application does not need to be firm, just enough to make a straight line.
3) Use paint sponge to apply Mod Podge glue in sections underneath the tape, covering with glitter along the way.
4) Carefully remove tape instantly after you have applied glitter to the last section of your jar.
5) Let dry.
6) You now have a glitzy, glitter mason jar that you can arrange in any way you please.
Step 3: Finished Project
This is how my jar is displayed, with sewn fabric flowers.