I think everyone likes cake, but not everyone can make a cake especially cakes that had beautiful decoration. I am an engineer and I want to make a cake that can be made by others with easy, delicious and cool. So I decided to make a cake that can glow under black light. How? Interested?
Let's Make ..
- 3 Cup of tonic water
- 1 packet jelly or agar powder (light color)
- 1 tbs sugar100 gr whip cream
- Oreo biscuit
- Transparent (half white-clear) plastic bowl made from Polypropylene
- Some bowl
- Pots and StovesMixer
- Black Light (UV)
The most important tool is the Transparent (half white-clear) plastic bowl made from Polypropylene, I do not know for sure but this tool can shine very bright under black light. You can get this thing in your local store, its cheap.
Step 1: Jello and Oreo
This is a step in making the content of the cake. It's easy, you just need to make jelly using tonic water instead of plain water. And you have to destroy some Oreo biscuit fruit as well.
- Boil 1 cup tonic water and add 1 tbs of sugar
- Pour boiling tonic water into bowl
- Pour 1 packet of jello and stir until dissolved
- Pour 1 cup of cold tonic water and stir again until dissolved
- Put a few pieces of Oreo into plastic bag
- Crush them using bat or just using your bare hand
- And then you will get half crushed Oreo and full crushed Oreo
Step 2: Whip Cream (Snowy)
Since I do not have a mixer, then I use my own homemade mixer and use a drill as rotator. ha ha Do not imitate my actions, use a regular mixer will be safer and better.
- Pour 1 cup of whip cream powder (about 100 gr) and 1 cup of cold tonic water into large bowl.
- Whisk for approximately 3-5 minutes until the cream reaches the soft peak stage.
Step 3: The Cake
It's time to puts ingredients that have been processed into container.
- Mix Jello and half crushed Oreo on transparent plastic bowl
- Topping using whip cream
- Do step 1 again until you made a few layer
- In the last pour full crushed Oreo as cake topping.
- Now above black layer (full crushed Oreo) you can decorating the cake. You can draw on it or just put anything you want. Its endless possibilities decorating.
I tried to draw using whip cream but because my images ugly then I make other decorations. That is, put a little whip cream and sprinkle a little piece of Jello. It was like a diamond in the snow, so beautiful in my opinion.
Step 4: The Cake Is Glowing
And now is the real beauty, put the cake under the lights back light and see. Whip cream, Jello and bowls are all glowing and more you dig more it glow. I think it is very beautiful. Only by using fewer ingredients and by making process is easy, I guess everyone can make it, including an engineer like me.
Okey, If you like please follow and vote me to get more awesome tutorial.