Introduction: Gluing With E6000 - Instructable Robot Magnet
I use glue on, pretty much, a daily basis. Whether it being to repair items, costuming or just creating, it consumes a great amount of time. Don't get me wrong, I love to glue things together. I have found that E6000 glue is suitable for most of my needs and is pretty easy to work with.
Here are some things to consider when gluing things together:
- Clean the items you wish to glue
- Glue in a well ventilated area
- Do not use too much glue
- Do not glue your fingers together
E6000 glue works well with a variety of products:
- And much more
In this Instructable I will be creating refrigerator magnets from Shrinky Dinks.
To view my Shrinky Dink Instructable, click HERE.
To view my Magnet Resource Guide, click HERE.
To obtain free magnets, Click HERE for a video tutorial.
Step 1: Let's Create
- E6000 Glue
- Table Protector - a piece of cardboard
- Pen or Pencil
- Well Ventilated Workspace
STEPS TO CREATE YOUR MAGNET:
- After you have created your robot, trace it onto your magnet. Be sure to trace on the printed side as this is the side we will glue to the Shrinky Dink.
- Now cut the magnet with scissors. Cut just inside of your line so the magnet does not show behind the robot.
- Compare them to be sure you have a good fit.
- Spread the E6000 glue onto your magnet making sure that you don't use too much glue.
- Place the magnet onto the back side of your robot and press firmly.
- Let the glue dry for at least 15 minutes and you should be ready to stick it to your fridge.
- Kick back and enjoy.
Step 2: OTHER USES FOR E6000
Like I said earlier, I use E6000 for so many things - here are a few examples.
I hope this Instructable gets you started on new and interesting projects. If you have any questions, fell free to post them below. Enjoy.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.