This is a very easy, eight ingredient recipe. A favorite in our gluten, dairy and egg free household. We have served this for many birthdays and family gatherings and no one can tell that it is gluten & dairy free!
Step 1: Assemble Ingredients
Assemble your ingredients and preheat oven to 375.
10 apples (or 8 cups sliced)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup gluten free oats
1 cup gluten free flour mix *not shown (I prefer Pamela's Bread Mix & Flour Blend or Namaste Gluten Free Perfect Flour Blend. Either of these are great in this recipe)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp fresh nutmeg
1/2 Earth's Balance Coconut Spread
Step 2: Wash, Peel & Cut Apples
- Wash approximately 10 apples/2.5 lbs or 8 cups sliced. Peel and slice them using any method, I prefer using my apple peeler because it peels, cores and slices all at once and is much faster, but any method will work. Just make sure they are thin slices.
Step 3: Add Cinnamon and Sugar
- Put apple slices in bowl and add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix to coat all apple slices. Set aside.
Step 4: Mix Topping
- In a separate bowl mix together:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup Gluten Free flour blend
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fresh nutmeg
Step 5: Cut in Coconut Spread
- Add 1/2 cup room temperature Earth's Balance Coconut Spread to the flour mixture.
- Using a fork cut in the Coconut Spread, it will be lumpy.
Step 6: Pour Apples Into Baking Pan
- Pour apples into 9x13 baking pan
Step 7: Pour Topping Mix
- Pour topping mix on top of the apples and make sure to cover all areas.
Step 8: Bake
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until apples are fork tender
Step 9: Enjoy!
- Dish up and enjoy!