Introduction: Gluten Free Cashew Meal Mini Banana Doughnuts With Dark Chocolate Drizzle
Who doesn't love doughnuts? I have fallen in love with Trader Joe's new cashew meal. It adds a touch of sweetness and helps keep gluten free baking from drying out. I often feel guilty making sugary treats for my kids so adding a nut meal protein helps make these treats healthy. I also like to use coconut sugar instead of refined sugar when I bake. It is low glycemic and works nicely in this recipe.
For more healthy gluten free recipes by myself and the chef's I interview, please visit my website at www.fearlessdining.com
Step 1: Doughnut Ingredients
1 c Trader Joe's Just Cashew Meal
1/2 c Gluten Free Multipurpose Flour Blend
1 tsp Bob's Red Mill Gum Xanthan
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c Nutiva Organic Sugar, Coconut
1/2 c coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp vanilla
1 very ripe banana
1/4 c chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
Step 2: Instructions for Batter
1. Plug in the Babycakes Mini Doughnut Maker to preheat.
2. Add the dry ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk to blend.
3. In a small bowl, mash up the banana until it is almost a thick liquid.
4. Add the coconut sugar and other wet ingredients to the banana and whisk together.
5. Blend the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend together.
6. This is what the mixture will look like when blended together.
Step 3: Instructions to Make Doughnuts
Put a spoonful of batter into each section in the mini doughnut maker. Close the lid and cook 3-4 minutes until done.
Step 4: Final Step
Remove doughnuts from doughnut maker and let cool on a rack. Melt 1/4 c bittersweet chocolate chips and 1 TBSP Coconut Oil in a microwave safe dish.
Drizzle the chocolate over the doughnuts.