Introduction: Gluten Free Crispy Waffles
Runner Up in the
Gluten Free Challenge 2017
So.....This happened this morning: my mom and me created the most perfect breakfast ever!
Since my sister is gluten intolerant (and me and all my sisters have several food intolerances), we are always looking to create new recipes that can be eaten by all our family members. It's a bit tricky, but when we finally get a recipe like this, all trial and error is worth it!
This waffles are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, they are gluten free, sugar free, gum free, nut free, dairy free, fructose free and almost all the "frees" that you can think off! So, without further delay, I'll give you our precious recipe <3
Step 1: Making the Batter and Cooking the Waffles!
This recipe is super easy and quick to make, and also healthier since it doesn't has any butter in it!
- 175ml Gluten free oat drink
- 175ml water
- 70ml vegetable oil (we used olive oil)
- 1 egg
- 1/8tsp baking soda
- 1/8tsp citric acid (you can also use some lemon juice)
- 5tbsp white rice flour
- 3tbsp glutinous rice flour
- 3tbsp dextrose
- 2tbsp tapioca starch
- 1tsp psyllium
- small saucepan
- waffle iron/ waffle maker
The preparation is very simple, you just have to follow this steps:
- In a small bowl combine the white rice flour, glutinous rice flour, dextrose, baking soda, citric acid (if you use lemon juice, you will add it to the mixture later), tapioca starch and psyllium. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the GF oat drink, water and vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Before that mixture cools, stir in the flour mixture and the egg, and mix until the dough is firm and forms a "ball". (this is when you will add the lemon juice if you use that instead of citric acid).
- Then, take small portions and flat them with your hands. Shape them in a square form (the dough might be a little sticky, but its easily shapeable), and place it into the waffle maker.
- Cook teach batch of waffles for about 7 minutes
That's all! Now you can enjoy this delicious waffles! We served them with some rice syrup and drizzled with pumpkin seed oil! They were absolutely amazing!
They will last at least a week if kept in the fridge (but trust me, when that time comes, these waffles will have been long eaten before!)
Thank you for reading, I hope you liked the recipe!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.