I decided this was something I needed to change. The following recipe is for gluten free potsticker dough. Feel free to add any filling, cooked or raw.
I won't lie to you, these take some time to make... but totally worth it :D
If you like this please vote and check out my new blog .
Let's get started!
Step 1: Ingredients
1/2 C millet flour
1/2 C tapioca starch
1/2 glutinious rice flour (sweet rice flour is another name) plus extra for rolling dough
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 boiling water + 2-3 T extra ice water
1-2 T canola oil for frying
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add boiling water carefully and mix with a spoon. The dough will come together quickly but will be dry.
3. After mixing as much you can, add ice water to cool off enough to handle with your hands.
4. Knead the dough into a ball on a floured surface for 1-2mins. If it cracks, you may need to add a little more water.
5. Divide dough into 16 even pieces. Cover unused dough so it won't dry out.
Step 2: Rolling and cutting
7. Use a large round cookie cutter or cup to cut a 3 inch circle. I ended up using an extra large coffee mug.
8. Cover cut out dough and set a side.
9. Roll and cut remaining dough.
10. Keep the scraps to use at the end. You may need to add a little water to the scraps and re-knead because of the extra flour they received from being rolled out.