Introduction: Gluten-Free Ragi Noodles (Finger Millet Noodles)
Finger millet (Eleusine coracana), commonly known as Ragi in India, is widely grown in Asian and African countries and is known to be gluten-free. Here is a simple recipe to make steamed noodles using Ragi flour.
Step 1: Ingredients
- About two cups of Ragi Flour (you can get it from any Asian store)
- Half a coconut (Raw coconut is gluten-free)
- About one cup of water
- Gluten free sugar to taste (Available in many grocery stores)
- Salt to taste
Step 2: Special Utensils
Special utensils required
- An Idli cooker or a vessel you can use for steaming
- Noodle press
Step 3: Preparation
- Take one cup of water in a pan.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Take two cups of Ragi flour in another pan
- Add salted water in small quantities to make a thick dough
- Grate the half coconut and keep separately.
Step 4: Cooking
- Boil water in the Idli cooker or in a steam cooker
- Keep the Idli pan covered with a clean cotton cloth over boiling water
- Fill the Noodle press with the prepared Ragi dough
- Press the noodles over the pan with cotton cloth in the steam cooker
- Cover the steam cooker with the lid.
- Check to see whether the noodles are properly steamed. It may take about eight to ten minutes in medium heat to cook
- remove the cooked noodles from the steam cooker and transfer to a plate
Step 5: Serve
- Add grated coconut over cooked noodles and mix well
- Serve hot. You can sprinkle sugar on top to your taste.
This recipe serves three and can be used for Breakfast or Dinner. You can also eat it without the grated coconuts and sugar.
Runner Up in the
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.