Not only are they simple and satisfying, they can be adapted to all palates with endless combination of flavors.
While one can find lots of mock LaraBar recipes on the internet, what makes these special is that they are gluten free - packed with fiber, healthy fats, protein and plenty o'sweetness!
Step 1: Ingredients
Bonus points are given for the minimal ingredients which includes:
Loaf Pan, 9"x5"
Parchment or Waxed Paper
1 c. (160g) dried cranberries
1/4 c. warm water
3/4 c. (60g) Bob's Red Mill Oatmeal
3/4 c. (90g) almonds
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. vanilla
dash of salt
Step 2: Create
- Presoak dried cranberries in the warm water for 10 minutes, or place in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Place all ingredients (including the warm water) in the food processor bowl.
- Pulse until the mixture can hold together on it's own when pinched.
- Spread/Press into a lined loaf pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut/Wrap into 6 bars. (Give it ribbon and print a robot label to show they are out of this world!)
- Because there are no added preservatives, keep refrigerated or frozen until it's time to pack a lunch.
Step 3: Eat (and Repeat)
Take caution when making them as the unchilled dough is just as addicting as the formed bars.
For a sweeter version, use raisins in place of cranberries.
Packed with lots of good-for-you wholesomeness, they go a long way toward a busy day and is perfect for the student of any age!