Introduction: Gluten Free Sweet Candy
Thean mittai/sugar candy - While making this recipe it brings back to my childhood memory.when i was in childhood i used to collect money to buy thean mittai/sugar candy. My sissy and me used to fight to share this sugar candy thats was an awesome memory we had. My dad didnt allow us to buy these candy he usually said its not hygienic. But now i tried it at my kitchen its so easy and simple with no compromise for hygiene with basic simple ingredients which we usually have it in our kitchens.
Step 1: Ingredients:
Rice - 1 cup (idly rice)
Urad dal - 1/2 cup
Food color - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - Less than 1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
For sugar syrup: Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
Water - 3/4 cup
Lemon juice - 3 to 4 drops
Step 2: Instructions:
1. Take rice and urad dal wash them properly and soak it about 4 hours
2. After 4 hours transfer this to a blender,while grinding add 4 to 5 tsp water not add more than that blend them as a fine paste
3. Transfer this to a bowl,add food color and baking soda,Mix them well and keep it aside
4. For making sugar syrup,add sugar and water in a vessel,stir well let it boil for 5 to 6 mins in a medium flame,after boiling add few drops of lemon juice mix it well and keep it aside
5.For fry,Dip your fingers in water take small portion and gently drop in oil,cook in a medium flame cook for 6 to 7 mins
6. Take it out and drop in sugar syrup,do same process for remaining
7. Let it soak for 15 mins in sugar syrup
8. After 15 mins yummy and juicy sugar candy is ready
Step 3: Sweet Candy Recipe Video:
Step 4: Final Output
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.