Introduction: Gluten Free Vegetable Pulao
A tasty gluten free Vegetable Pulao which is very nutritious and healthy for children as well as grown ups. You do not require any sides with this delicious dish and can be consumed as it is.
Please go through the step-by-step instructions below on how to make this tasty gluten free vegetable pulao.
Step 1: Ingredients
- One cup of rice
- 250 grams of Green peas with pods. You will get 125 grams of peas after removing the seed pods
- 150 grams of Butter Beans
- 2 Medium sized Onions
- 1 full Garlic head.
- One inch long piece of Ginger
- 3 to 4 Green chillies
- 2 Tomatoes
- One medium sized Noolkol
- 3 medium sized Carrots
- Handful of Coriander leaves
- Handful of Mint leaves
- One teaspoon of Cumin seeds
- Few Bay leaves
- Few Cinnamon sticks
- 5 to 6 Cloves
- 3 to 4 Cardamom pods, broken with separated seeds
- One piece of Star Anise
- Half a cup of Cow's Ghee
- Half a cup of Cooking Oil (We use Rice Bran Oil)
- Salt to taste
- Water 3 times that of rice
Step 2: Prepare Ingredients Step 1
- Peel Carrot skin and dice into small pieces
- Peel Noolkol skin and dice into small pieces
- Remove Green peas from their pods and keep aside
Step 3: Prepare Ingredients Step 2
Make Ginger Garlic Paste
- Shuck Garlic and remove ginger skin
- Add both together in a mixer grinder
- Add a tablespoon of curd (Yogurt) or milk and grind to a fine paste
Step 4: Prepare Ingredients Step 3
- Dice Onions and Tomatoes into small pieces
- Chop Coriander leaves and Mint leaves into small pieces
- Remove stems from Green Chillies and split them in halves
Step 5: Prepare Ingredients Step 4
- Rinse rice 2 to 3 times till water runs clean.
- Drain off excess water and keep aside
Step 6: Preparation Step 1
- Keep a 5 litre capacity pressure cooker over medium flame and add half a cup of Ghee and half a cup of oil in it.
- Add all the spices like Cumin seeds, Cinnamon sticks, Star Anise, Cardamom, bay leaves and cloves together in oil and saute for 15 seconds
Step 7: Preparation Step 2
- Add diced onions, ginger-garlic paste and green chillies to the cooker and shallow fry till onions turn into golden brown
- Add diced tomatoes & salt to taste and mix well
Step 8: Preparation Step 3
- Once the mixture in the cooker starts to leave oil at the edges, add Butter beans, Green peas, carrot pieces and noolkol pieces
- Add chopped coriander and mint leaves and mix well
Step 9: Preparation Step 4
- Add rice to the cooker and mix with all other ingredients
- Measure and add 3 times of water to that of rice
- Keep the cooker over medium flame and allow it to come to a boil
Step 10: Preparation Step 5
- Once the mix starts boiling, cover the cooker with lid and pressure-cook over medium flame.
- Cook for 3 whistles (in some models) or about 5 minutes from the time the cooker starts releasing pressure
- After 3 whistles or 5 minutes, remove the cooker from stove and keep aside till the pressure comes to normal
- Once the pressure is normal, open the cooker.
- You may find some of the cooked ingredients at top. When Pulao is still hot, mix everything together with a ladle
Our super delicious Vegetable Pulao is ready
Step 11: Serve Hot
- Transfer the Vegetable Pulao to another bowl and serve hot
No side dishes are required with this nutritious vegetable pulao. However, you can serve crispies, chips and pickles as sides
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.