* 1/2 cup red quinoa
* 1/2 cup original quinoa [white]
* 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
* 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
* 2 teaspoons of cumin
* 1/2 cup dried cranberries
* 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
* 3 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
* salt + pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, add 1 + 1/2 cups water, quinoa [total 1 cup], season with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 15 minutes, until all the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cover baking sheet with foil, spray with non-stick, add sweet potatoes, onions and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until soft.
Combine sweet potatoes and onions with cooked quinoa. Drizzle with olive oil [optional]. Stir in cumin, cranberries, toasted pecans and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
More recipes visit: www.withstyle.me