Introduction: GoPro 90-degree Adapter
this is a cheap way to make an adapter like the one that comes with the handlebar and rollcage mounts
mine was missing it as it was used so i made this
Step 1: Materials
The point of this adapter is to turn your GoPro 90-degrees for a side view
You will need:
- Epoxy Glue
- 2 DISPOSABLE GoPro QuickClips ( I used 1 broken one and 1 third party one. make sure u have one more to use)
- Paper Plate
- a coarse & small fine file
Step 2: Gluing
MAKE SURE TO DO THIS PART OUTSIDE!!!! "Epoxy Resin can cause eye and skin burns and respitory tract irritation"
I got some on my hand and was fine, but its best just to avoid touching it while wet.
- ok, first squeeze the glue out on to the plate and use the toothpick to stir it
- then dip each clip into the mixture. use the toothpick to spread it around
- then put the 2 clips together as seen in the picture, and clamp it for at least 30 min.
Step 3: Filing
Now it is time to shape the bottom part
- remove the metal nut off the end of 1 of the clips
- then use a coarse file to saw off one of the 3 prongs(as seen)
- use the fine file to smooth things out
- take the small file and cut down on the edges in between and around the prongs
- you may have to drill larger holes to attach it to your mounts
- if so, use a 1/4 or 7/32 drill bit and file the edges again
Step 4: DONE!!!
this mount was designed for use on the handlebar or rollcage mount. it normally comes with the mount, but mine was used and was missing it
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.