Introduction: Golden Badam Milk
Golden Badam Milk is a nutritious and comforting beverage from India, its rich aroma and bright color truly make it a special treat for all the senses!
Step 1: Ingredients
20 Oz milk (almond, soy or hemp milk work wonderfully for a dairy free version)
1/4 teaspoon green cardamom powder
2 tablespoons honey or agave (adjust to taste)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 inch ginger, peeled & either crushed or grated.
Few strands of saffron
1 teaspoon thinly sliced pistachios
Step 2: Method
- Soak the almonds and pistachios ten minutes in hot water
- Peel the skin off and grind the almonds and pistachios until smooth, using two-three tablespoons of milk
- Bring remaining milk to a boil in heavy bottom pan over medium heat, stir occasionally to prevent burning
- Add the almond & pistachio paste along with all other ingredients
- Lower the heat to low, allow to simmer four to five minutes, stir often
- Serve warm or chilled
- Garnish with pistachios
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.